- Go to the Tools menu.
- Click Message Rules, then click Mail if
you're using Outlook Express or click on Rules and
Alerts if you're using Microsoft Outlook.
- In Outlook Express the Message Rules Window will
appear, and if you haven't made a message rule before, the New
Mail Rule Window will automatically
pop up. (If it doesn't, click New)
- In the Conditions section, select Where the subject line
contains specific words.
- In the Actions section, select Move
it to the specified folder.
- In the Rule Description section, click contains
specific words. A Type Specific Words box
will pop up.
Put in the word [SPAM]
the brackets), click Add
, then OK
- Now click on the specified link to tell
it where to move the e-mails to.
- Click on New Folder, type in a folder name
such as Spam or Junk Mail.
- Click OK to close the New Folder Window, OK to
close the Move Window, and OK to
close the New Mail Rule Window.
A filter set up as described above will automatically take your
spam and put it in the Spam folder. You can modify your rules to
suit your needs. For instance, you can also filter mail based on
the sender's address, or other criteria by adding new rules.
have additional questions, please feel free send e-mail to email@example.com.
Or call us at (517)322-9895.